Ottawa School of Theatre’s mission is to offer excellence in theatre education and experience that is accessible to students of all ages, and to be a creative catalyst for self-confident performers and discerning and appreciative patrons of the arts in our school and the greater community.
Get to know us a little better — here are the values that guide our work.
- We strive for excellence through continuous quality improvement in all our endeavours.
- We embrace diversity in all of its dimensions, believing that mutual respect for individuality, ideas, and opinions are vital for both personal and organisational success.
- We value intellectual vitality that is characterised by creativity, knowledge, curiosity, aesthetics, critical thinking, wisdom and a sense of humour.
- We value a safe, welcoming environment where individuals can reach their full potential because they feel able to take risks and make mistakes; where there are supportive and collegial relationships; where leadership is provided by trustworthy students and adults; and where teamwork is inherent.
- We value kindness, compassion, and generosity in all our actions in order to minimise harm done to others.
- We value truth and strive to ensure that all interactions are founded on open, honest, and transparent communication in order to sustain a community of trust.
- We understand and base all actions on core ethical values and will not compromise these values for the sake of convenience.
- We value the importance of confidentiality and will work diligently to protect this.
- Our school attracts friends, families, and colleagues who often sign up to learn and work together, and we see this as a strength; however, we seek to make official organisational decisions without conflict of interest arising from these relationships.
- We value fact-based, impartial, and reflective decision-making through collegial deliberation.