Important Information for the 2019-2020 School Year:
OST is 30 Years Old! The longest running theatre school in Ottawa!
SAVE THE DATE: OPEN HOUSE: Sunday, September 8th Noon – 3pm
Join us for workshops, auditions and information on our classes.
Ottawa School of Theatre offers a full curriculum of introductory to advanced and specialized acting and theatre classes, for students from pre-school to adult.
2019-2020 theme will be Roots and Wings: Where did we come from and where are we going?
- Works will be inspired by what gets us going, what INSPIRES! – Art, science, nature, stories and poetry, fairy tales and legends.
- 2019 – Happy Birthday! We are 30 years old! Thirty years of OST-ETO’s growth and development of theatre education in teaching theatre excellence. There will be celebrations and FUNdraising events throughout the year.
- October 19, 2019 – Richcraft Theatre from 4-8pm – Come along to help us celebrate this special birthday – more information to come soon.
- Collaborations with Ottawa theatre companies and within The Shenkman Arts Centre family of artists and arts groups, will continue to give OST-ETO students performance and backstage opportunities. We aim for increased outreach to French schools and community centers.
All classes in our Full Year Program run from mid-September to early June.
Classes in our Full Year Program run from the fall to early June. These classes will work towards a performance on stage in the Richcraft Theatre during our Student Showcase. There will be no classes during the Thanksgiving weekend, Halloween, November 11th, the Christmas Break, Family Day, the March Break, the Easter weekend and Victoria Day.
Class schedule for Full Year Program
September 16 – December 9, 2019
January 6 – March 13, 2020
March 23 – June 8, 2020
Full Year classes will perform on stage in our 2020 Student Showcase: Roots and Wings!!
We also offer shorter workshop intensives which vary in length from one day to 12 weeks. These intensives may present in one of our black box studios at the end of the workshop.
*Some students may be best served in a class level either above or below their age: Please call Kathi Langston, OST’s Artistic Director, if you want advice on what class would best suit you or our child.
Consider taking a Speech Arts and Drama exam with The Royal Conservatory. This enhances theatre study and looks great on a resume. For more information please contact Kathi Langston, OST’s Artistic Director at email@example.com.
Classes are held in the Ottawa School of Theatre studios in The Shenkman Arts Centre:
245 Centrum Boulevard, Orleans, ON K1E 0A1
613.580.2764 | www.ost-eto.ca
Terms & Conditions for the 2019-20 school year:
- OST reserves the right to make changes to the class schedule following registration.
- Insufficient registration in any program or workshop may result in its cancellation, in which case we will do our best to find a suitable alternative. A decision will be made 1 week prior to scheduled start date.
- While we will do our utmost to avoid changes, OST does not guarantee the teacher for any particular class. We encourage OST teachers to Team teach so that the students experience different teaching styles and theatre techniques.
- Class size is limited. Please have more than one choice of class. Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Most classes begin the week of Monday, September 16, 2019 – please see calendar for exceptions.
- OST is committed to providing the best possible learning environment for all its students. The success of the program lies in the enthusiasm and co-operation of each student. We will do our best to resolve any behavioral difficulties that may arise, and we count on your support as parent/guardian. However, if we are unable to resolve a disruptive situation, we will require that the disruptive student be withdrawn from the course without refund.
- A transfer between classes will be allowed, subject to availability.
- Theatre is a TEAM sport. We expect the students and their parents to understand this and make every effort to attend all classes and rehearsals in the creation and development of their plays and performance pieces.
- OST provides an on-stage experience for all students in our full year program; this is costly. OST strives to keep tuition and other expenses affordable but we do have theatre rental expenses that need to be covered.
- Students in Teen or Specialized Classes may be required to miss one to two days of school during the production/performance period, depending on the nature of the production.
- Performance dates for each class will be made available as soon as possible in order to minimize conflicts with other activities and ensure availability of all participants. Theatre time is limited and there is very little flexibility to change the theatre schedule. Any potential conflicts must be reported to the teacher and/or Artistic Director as soon as possible. Although we try, OST cannot always change performance dates to accommodate conflicts.
OST is a not-for-profit, registered charity with a goal to operate efficiently within a balanced budget with tuitions as our main source of income. This policy outlines payment requirements and refund circumstances.
- Payment of tuition for all classes is due in accordance with the fee schedule set out below.
- Placement in class is not confirmed until first payment is received.
- Payment can be made in full by cash, cheque, debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- Instalment payments can be made by post-dated cheque and pre-authorised credit card only (Visa or Mastercard). Payment will be processed automatically within 5 business days of the due date.
- No refunds will be issued after the second class in any program or workshop except for medical reasons.
- All refunds will be subject to a $25 administrative fee.
- No refunds will be made if a participant fails to attend a program, class or workshop.
- Full refunds will be given in the case of program or workshop cancellation by OST-ETO.
Returned cheques are subject to an administration fee of $25 plus any bank fees charged to the school.
We will offer 10% discount on tuition for registration in 3 or more programs or workshops (excluding All Ages Play).
Subsidies may be issued on an individual basis where space permits.
Please contact the office for details.
Fee Payment Schedule